Social Media Course London
Explore how Social Media can be made to work for your organisation
Our beginner-intermediate social media course is aimed at marketers, business owners and PR professionals and will give you a clear understanding of how to effectively use social media for engaging, promoting, listening and much more. We have been delivering Social Media training courses in London for over 8 years and have delivered to more than 800+ students (see testimonials) from 100’s of companies.
|Feb 20, 2019||Cardiff Business Park, Cardiff||Early Bird: £175*||Book now >>|
|Mar 20, 2019||Cardiff Business Park, Cardiff||Early Bird: £175*||Book now >>|
|Apr 17, 2019||Cardiff Business Park, Cardiff||Early Bird: £175*||Book now >>|
|Feb 18, 2019||Portland Place, London||Early Bird: £275*||Book now >>|
|Mar 25, 2019||Portland Place, London||Early Bird: £275*||Book now >>|
|Apr 25, 2019||Portland Place, London||Early Bird: £275*||Book now >>|
|May 20, 2019||Portland Place, London||Early Bird: £275*||Book now >>|
|Time: 9.15 am - 4.30 pm. Lunch/refreshments included. * Prices ex. VAT. 10% discount for 2 or more people.**|
On completion of this 1-day course you will:
- Learn a new framework for developing a digital marketing strategy
- Discover how the major social networks work and how they differ to one another
- Gain confidence in managing your own social media activities
- Explore different approaches to using the social media platforms
- Encounter new tools for creating, monitoring and publishing social media
Who is the course aimed at?
It is aimed at beginner-intermediate marketing and PR professionals and those who are managing social media accounts. Whether you are involved in Social Media for SME’s, councils, charities, the NHS or education departments, you should find this course of particular interest
Social Media Objectives
- SOSTAC – developing a Social media strategy
- Social Media fundamentals & stats
- SEO and Social media
- What is it and how are organisations using it?
- What and how do you use elements like retweets, replies, hashtags, lists, etc?
- How to build and nurture a following.
- How to monitor, research and listen?
- 3rd party applications and analytics.
- What are Facebook pages and how do organisations use them?
- Understanding the Facebook interface.
- Explore techniques to create great updates
- Discover tools and tips for adding images to Facebook
- Exploring Facebook Analytics and ads
Video and Image Channels
- Exploring the channels – YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest.
- How are they being used by organisations?
- Categorising media – how to guides, PR, FAQ’s, testimonials, product previews, etc
- How to make your content more findable.
- Creating and embedding content and the role of user generated content.
- Creating high quality LinkedIn profiles.
- Developing connections and recommendations.
- Learn to craft engaging content on your timeline
- Using LinkedIn groups for yourself and your business.
- How to create and develop company pages.
- How are companies using blogs?
- Understanding how blogs work and how companies are using them.
- Blog ambassadors, blog strategies, editorial calendars & embedding content.
- Considering writing strategies for blogs.
Delegates rates for London courses start at £275 (+VAT) and include:
Over the next month or so we will create a password-protected area where you can access latest slides and self-help guide, along with links to useful resources and videos.
Lunch and refreshments throughout the day
Get 15% off course bookings if your organisation is a registered charity (not applicable to Early Bird discounts)
If you have 2 or more staff attending, we can offer a discount of 10% (off the standard NOT Early Bird rate).
Courses start at 9.45 am, though we ask delegates to arrive at the venue by 9.30. The courses end at 4.30 pm and lunch is usually taken at 12.30 pm with tea and coffee breaks mid morning and mid afternoon. To work out your travel times, please see the venue addresses below. If you have any dietary requirements, please let us know
London – The venue for the Social Media Course is in the heart of London and therefore ideal for transport links. We hold the training at either Portland Place or Holborn Bars in London. Both venues offer free wifi, teas/coffees and a sit-down lunch in a restaurant on-site. To work out your travel times, please visit the Portland Place or Holborn Bars pages.
The social media course was excellent. Alun provided the group with lots of practical advice on how to make inspiring content and increase user engagement, and was happy to answer any questions or queries we had. He also used lots of fantastic examples that were really thought-provoking. I came away from the course with lots of ideas that I have been able to put into practice very successfully. As a result, engagement across my organisation’s social media platforms has increased significantly over the past five months.Isabel Gillen-Smith
I found the course very informative & extremely helpful. I didn’t really know what to expect but to be honest I was massively impressed with the information & advice I walked away with. Canva alone has been a great tool for me. I have been using paid advertising through FB & we’re already achieving results. Through the analytics I’ve been able to monitor traffic & we are on a steady increase.Dan Heap
Marketing Tom Media provided a thorough overview of the latest social media marketing tools and techniques with great examples, insight and delivery – a very worthwhile day!Tom Holbourn