SEO Content 101
Learn to create quality web content on our 1-day workshop.
SEO Content 101, delivered by Head of Content at Liberty, Philip Woodward, arms writers with the tools and knowledge they need to create quality web content. Delegates will learn SEO best practice, understand how to use Google Analytics to improve their content and build an effective content plan.
|Dec 18, 2018||Portland Place, London||Early Bird: £275 (not £295)||Book Now|
|Jan 22, 2019||Portland Place, London||Early Bird: £275 (not £295)||Book Now|
|Feb 19, 2019||Portland Place, London||Early Bird: £275 (not £295)||Book Now|
|Mar 19, 2019||Portland Place, London||Early Bird: £275 (not £295)||Book Now|
|Apr 16, 2019||Portland Place, London||Early Bird: £275 (not £295)||Book Now|
|Dec 19, 2018||Cardiff Gate, Cardiff||Early Bird: £175 (Not £195)||Book Now|
|Jan 29, 2019||Cardiff Gate, Cardiff||Early Bird: £175 (Not £195)||Book Now|
|Mar 8, 2019||Cardiff Gate, Cardiff||Early Bird: £175 (Not £195)||Book Now|
|Apr 8, 2019||Cardiff Gate, Cardiff||Early Bird: £175 (Not £195)||Book Now|
|Time: 9.15 am - 4.30 pm. Lunch/refreshments included. Prices ex. VAT. 10% discount for 2 or more delegates*.|
On completion of this 1-day course you will:
- Understand what SEO is/li>
- Have a clear understanding of how Search works
- Know how to create content that Google loves
- Have learnt how to mine Analytics to create better content
- Be able to create content plans
- Be able to identify search trends and opportunities
Introduction: What is SEO?
- What is SEO? Why is it important?
- What Google want
- How Google works in 2018
SEO 101: How Search Works
- Links: what they are, how they work and why they’re important
- Social Signals and other offsite ranking factors
- Keywords: what they are, how to find them and why they’re important
- How Google understands content engagement
- Avoiding penalties and staying on the right side of Google
Creating Web Content Google Loves
- Using the right keywords
- Optimising meta information
- Optimising body content
- Optimising images
- What not to do when writing web pages
- Exercise: Page Writing
Understanding Analytics for Content
- Your Analytics Options
- Auditing with Google Analytics
- Qualitative Upcycling
- Auditing with Google Search Console
- Technical Upcycling
- Exercise: Page Analysis
The Anatomy of Great Content
- Why great content is so important
- Identifying search trends and longtail opportunities
- Using social channels effectively
- Ensuring content works
- Understanding the sales funnel
- Structuring a content plan
- Exercise: Creating Your Content Plan
- Review and recap.
- Q & A.
Delegates rates for Cardiff courses start from £395 (+VAT) and for London £495 per person and include:
- Course material
- Access to a password-protected SEO Content area which features videos, articles, podcasts, videocasts, PowerPoint slides, book links and more.
- Lunch and refreshments throughout the day
- Get 10% off course bookings if your organisation is a registered charity (not applicable to Early Bird discounts).
- If you have 2 or more staff attending, we can offer a discount (off the Standard NOT Early Bird rate).
Courses start at 9.45 am, though we ask delegates to arrive at the venue by 9.30. The courses end at 4.30 pm and lunch is usually taken at 12.30 pm with tea and coffee breaks mid morning and mid afternoon. To work out your travel times, please see the venue addresses below. If you have any dietary requirements, please let us know
Cardiff location (training)
Our principle training venue is Cardiff Gate Business Park, though this can change from month-to-month (please note the venue from the table above). This location is situated between Junction 32 of the M4 and central Cardiff, making it ideal for those travelling from Cardiff, Newport, the South West England, West Wales and the South Wales Valleys. Our CIM and CAM courses generally take place here, along with 1-day workshops.
London location (training)
The venue for the workshop is in the heart of London and therefore ideal for transport links. We hold the training at either Portland Place or Holborn Bars in London. Both venues offer free wifi, teas/coffees and a sit-down lunch in a restaurant on-site.