Social Media Training Course London
Discover new Social Media strategies and techniques for your organisation
Our beginner-intermediate social media course is aimed at marketers, business owners and PR professionals and will give you a clear understanding of how to effectively use social media for engaging, promoting, listening and much more. We have been delivering Social Media training courses in London for over 8 years and have delivered to more than 800+ students (see testimonials) from 100's of companies.
|Oct 22, 2018||Portland Place, London||Early Bird: £275*||Book now >>|
|Nov 19, 2018||Portland Place, London||Early Bird: £275*||Book now >>|
|Dec 17, 2018||Portland Place, London||Early Bird: £275*||Book now >>|
|Time: 9.15 am - 4.30 pm. Lunch/refreshments included. * Prices ex. VAT. 10% discount for 2 or more people.**|
On completion of this 1-day course you will:
- Learn a new framework for developing a digital marketing strategy
- Discover how the major social networks work and how they differ to one another
- Gain confidence in managing your own social media activities
- Explore different approaches to using the social media platforms
- Encounter new tools for creating, monitoring and publishing social media
Who is the course aimed at?
This 1-day course is designed to give delegates a complete overview of social media marketing. The course is delivered from our Cardiff venue and offers a balance of interactive presentation of social media fundamentals and open discussion. It is aimed at beginner-intermediate marketing and PR professionals and those who are managing social media accounts.
Social Media Objectives
- SOSTAC - developing a Social media strategy
- Social Media fundamentals & stats
- SEO and Social media
- What is it and how are organisations using it?
- What and how do you use elements like retweets, replies, hashtags, lists, etc?
- How to build and nurture a following.
- How to monitor, research and listen?
- 3rd party applications and analytics.
- What are Facebook pages and how do organisations use them?
- Understanding the Facebook interface.
- Explore techniques to create great updates
- Discover tools and tips for adding images to Facebook
- Exploring Facebook Analytics and ads
Video and Image Channels
- Exploring the channels - YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest.
- How are they being used by organisations?
- Categorising media - how to guides, PR, FAQ's, testimonials, product previews, etc
- How to make your content more findable.
- Creating and embedding content and the role of user generated content.
- Creating high quality LinkedIn profiles.
- Developing connections and recommendations.
- Learn to craft engaging content on your timeline
- Using LinkedIn groups for yourself and your business.
- How to create and develop company pages.
- How are companies using blogs?
- Understanding how blogs work and how companies are using them.
- Blog ambassadors, blog strategies, editorial calendars & embedding content.
- Considering writing strategies for blogs.
The venue for the Social Media Course is in the heart of London and therefore ideal for transport links. We hold the training at either Portland Place or Holborn Bars in London. Both venues offer free wifi, teas/coffees and a sit-down lunch in a restaurant on-site. To work out your travel times, please visit the Portland Place or Holborn Bars pages.
Courses start at 9.45 am, though we ask delegates to arrive at the venue by 9.30. The courses end at 4.30 pm and lunch is usually taken at 12.30 pm with tea and coffee breaks mid morning and mid afternoon. If you have any dietary requirements, please let us know
"The Social Media course I went on was fantastic. Alun was a fantastic instructor, whose approach was friendly and encouraging. I learned so much during the one day course, it was so engaging I could have easily stayed for the whole week to learn more. With great tips and links to useful blogs and websites, I can easily put skills learned into practice. I just want to say Thank you and I’m sure I will see you again. P.S the venue and lunch was great!"
Junior Account Manager
"The social media course was excellent. Alun provided the group with lots of practical advice on how to make inspiring content and increase user engagement, and was happy to answer any questions or queries we had. He also used lots of fantastic examples that were really thought-provoking. I came away from the course with lots of ideas that I have been able to put into practice very successfully. As a result, engagement across my organisation’s social media platforms has increased significantly over the past five months."
Isabel Gillen-Smith, Professional Standards Officer
Architects Registration Board
"I found the course very informative & extremely helpful. I didn’t really know what to expect but to be honest I was massively impressed with the information & advice I walked away with. Canva alone has been a great tool for me. I have been using paid advertising through FB & we’re already achieving results. Through the analytics I’ve been able to monitor traffic & we are on a steady increase."
"The Social Media Masterclass was the most informative and useful that I have attended. Marketing Tom provides all the information you need regarding social media and digital marketing practices as a whole including multiple social platforms, blogging, SEO, strategy and tips for getting the most your of your communications for your organisation.
I highly recommend Marketing Tom’s sessions to revolutionise the way your use social for business and help you to shape your future success. Thanks again for a great session!"
Katie Peplow, Social Media Officer
Royal Voluntary Service
"Alun's course gave me great insight into how to take our social media accounts to the next level. He crammed in an awful lot of content, but still kept the day light, fun and engaging."
Jan Butter, Director for Communication
The Anglican Communion