Social Media Training Course Cardiff
Discover new Social Media strategies and techniques for your organisation
This 1-day course is designed to give delegates a complete overview of social media marketing. The course is delivered from our Cardiff venue and offers a balance of interactive presentation of social media fundamentals and open discussion. It is aimed at beginner-intermediate marketing and PR professionals and those who are managing social media accounts.
|Oct 25, 2018||Cardiff Gate, Cardiff||Early Bird: £175 (Standard £195)||Book Now|
|Nov 22, 2018||Cardiff Gate, Cardiff||Early Bird: £175 (Standard £195)||Book Now|
|Dec 20, 2018||Cardiff Gate, Cardiff||Early Bird: £175 (Standard £195)||Book Now|
|Courses start at 9.15 am and end at 4.30 pm; lunch and refreshments are included. Prices exclude VAT.|
On completion of this 1-day course you will:
- Learn a new framework for developing a digital marketing strategy
- Discover how the major social networks work and how they differ to one another
- Gain confidence in managing your own social media activities
- Explore different approaches to using the social media platforms
- Encounter new tools for creating, monitoring and publishing social media
Who is the course for?
It is aimed at beginner-intermediate marketing and PR professionals and those who are managing social media accounts. Whether you are involved in Social Media for SME's, councils, charities, the NHS or education departments, you should find this course of particular interest
Social Media Objectives
- SOSTAC - developing a Social media strategy
- Social Media fundamentals & stats
- SEO and Social media
- What is it and how are organisations using it?
- What and how do you use elements like retweets, replies, hashtags, lists, etc?
- How to build and nurture a following.
- How to monitor, research and listen?
- 3rd party applications and analytics.
- What are Facebook pages and how do organisations use them?
- Understanding the Facebook interface.
- Explore techniques to create great updates
- Discover tools and tips for adding images to Facebook
- Exploring Facebook Analytics and ads
Video and Image Channels
- Exploring the channels - YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest.
- How are they being used by organisations?
- Categorising media - how to guides, PR, FAQ's, testimonials, product previews, etc
- How to make your content more findable.
- Creating and embedding content and the role of user generated content.
- Creating high quality LinkedIn profiles.
- Developing connections and recommendations.
- Learn to craft engaging content on your timeline
- Using LinkedIn groups for yourself and your business.
- How to create and develop company pages.
- How are companies using blogs?
- Understanding how blogs work and how companies are using them.
- Blog ambassadors, blog strategies, editorial calendars & embedding content.
- Considering writing strategies for blogs.
Social Media Cardiff Location
Our principle training venue is Cardiff Gate Business Park. This location is situated on Junction 30 of the M4 making it ideal for those travelling from Cardiff, Newport, the South West England, West Wales and the South Wales Valleys. Find out how to get to this location
Courses start at 9.45 am, though we ask delegates to arrive at the venue by 9.30. The courses end at 4.30 pm and lunch is usually taken at 12.30 pm with tea and coffee breaks mid morning and mid afternoon. To work out your travel times, please see the venue addresses below. If you have any dietary requirements, please let us know
"The Social Media course I went on was fantastic. Alun was a fantastic instructor, whose approach was friendly and encouraging. I learned so much during the one day course, it was so engaging I could have easily stayed for the whole week to learn more. With great tips and links to useful blogs and websites, I can easily put skills learned into practice. I just want to say Thank you and I’m sure I will see you again. P.S the venue and lunch was great!"
Junior Account Manager
"The social media course was excellent. Alun provided the group with lots of practical advice on how to make inspiring content and increase user engagement, and was happy to answer any questions or queries we had. He also used lots of fantastic examples that were really thought-provoking. I came away from the course with lots of ideas that I have been able to put into practice very successfully. As a result, engagement across my organisation’s social media platforms has increased significantly over the past five months."
Isabel Gillen-Smith, Professional Standards Officer
Architects Registration Board
"I found the course very informative & extremely helpful. I didn’t really know what to expect but to be honest I was massively impressed with the information & advice I walked away with. Canva alone has been a great tool for me. I have been using paid advertising through FB & we’re already achieving results. Through the analytics I’ve been able to monitor traffic & we are on a steady increase."
Marketing Tom Media provided a thorough overview of the latest social media marketing tools and techniques with great examples, insight and delivery - a very worthwhile day!
Tom Holbourn, Head of Marketing
Alun John (Marketing Tom Media) came highly recommended! The Social Media Marketing course gave me an in-depth view on how to use popular social media sites to a business advantage. Anyone thinking of expanding their use of social media tools should consider this course. A thoroughly enjoyable and information packed course, with a practical approach. Will hopefully be joining Alun again on his upcoming courses in the near future.
Victoria Humphreys, Marketing Officer