Google Ads Course
This 1-day workshop is designed at giving beginner/intermediate AdWords advertisers the experience of using this most powerful of mediums. This hands-on AdWords course covers everything from account set, campaign and ad group set up to selecting the best keywords, creation of the best ads, bidding, location targeting and much more.
On completion of this 1-day course you will:
- Understand the Google AdWords interface
- Have a clear understanding of how to set up campaigns
- Know how to research keywords and create ad groups
- Be able to create effectives ads
- understand bidding techniques/li>
- Have a clear understanding of how the display network works
Who is the course aimed at?
It is aimed at beginner to intermediate users be they marketers, sales people, IT staff, admin staff, owner-directors and anyone who needs to know the performance of their websites and mobile apps.
Introduction to Analytics
- What is Analytics and why do we use it?
- Why is it beneficial to organisations?
Account Structure and Analytics Implementation
- What are properties, views, dimensions and metrics?
- Learn the key concepts: e,g. sessions, users and page views.
- Considering and defining online goals (micro and macro goals).
Understanding the Analytics Interface
- How to use the date and graph selector.
- Learn to use primary and secondary dimension selectors.
- Tips on how to use and understand reporting in tables.
- Creating/emailing dashboards, widgets and reports.
- Understanding where visitors come from.
- Exploring your key channels.
- Understanding where Google’s Search console fits in.
- Dimensions and Metrics in standard reports.
- What are the characteristics and reporting features of main reports:
Standard Reports – Conversions
- Aligning business and marketing objectives to Analytics.
- Micro and Macro goals.
- Events – tracking on-page events (pdf’s, videos, links, etc)
- Goal flow and visualisation.
Segments & Customisation
- How to create segments.
- Understanding & creating custom reports
- How to set up custom alerts.
- Review and recap.
- Q & A.
Delegates rates for Cardiff courses start at £275 (+VAT) and for London £375 per person and include:
Over the next month or so we will create a password-protected area where you can access latest slides and self-help guide, along with links to useful resources and videos.
Lunch and refreshments throughout the day
Get 15% off course bookings if your organisation is a registered charity (not applicable to Early Bird discounts)
If you have 2 or more staff attending, we can offer a discount of 10% (off the standard NOT Early Bird rate).
Courses start at 9.45 am, though we ask delegates to arrive at the venue by 9.30. The courses end at 4.30 pm and lunch is usually taken at 12.30 pm with tea and coffee breaks mid morning and mid afternoon. To work out your travel times, please see the venue addresses below. If you have any dietary requirements, please let us know
Our principle training venue is Cardiff Gate Business Park, though this can chage from month-to-month (please note the venue from the table above). This location is situated on Junction 30 of the M4 making it ideal for those travelling from Cardiff, Newport, the South West England, West Wales and the South Wales Valleys. Our CIM and CAM courses generally take place here, along with 1-day workshops.
Find out how to get to this location
London location (training)
The venue for the workshop is in the heart of London and therefore ideal for transport links. We hold the training at either Portland Place or Holborn Bars in London. Both venues offer free wifi, teas/coffees and a sit-down lunch in a restaurant on-site.